Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Sticky Orange Chicken Thighs



I made this for a barbecue and thought it was so good I wanted to share the recipe. I used boneless chicken thighs instead of wings and drumsticks, and cooked them in the oven then finished them off on the barbecue. It's a good idea to marinade the chicken overnight if you have time but it still tastes good even if you don't do that.


The original recipe is from the BBC Food website.

You need:
10 boneless chicken thighs
2 tbsp. clear honey
half a teaspoon of ground ginger
1 tsp Chinese five spice powder
2 tsp soy sauce
3 tbsp. orange marmalade
grated orange zest from 1 orange (optional - I actually left this out as I didn't remember to buy a fresh orange)
I tbsp. olive oil

Mix all the ingredients apart from the chicken, and toss the chicken in the marinade to coat. Leave overnight if time.



Line an oven tin with foil and cook at 180C for about 20 mins, depending on the size of your chicken pieces (mine were quite small).


Finish off on the barbecue.

0 comments:

Post a Comment