Friday, April 3, 2015

Mini Egg Chocolate Brownies

Cadbury's Mini Eggs are very popular in my house and the fact that they are only available around Easter makes them extra special! I bought a couple of packets and wanted to use them in baking - then my boyfriend ate them, so I bought some more - then he ate those, so I bought some more! Eventually I got around to choosing a recipe and for me there was one clear winner - Mini Egg chocolate brownies.



You can add Mini Eggs to any chocolate brownie recipe; I used Nigella's everyday brownies recipe which you can find here.



































In retrospect what I should have done is saved some of the mini eggs and added them on top of the part-baked brownie five minutes before the end; this would have ensured there were some to decorate the top as they all sank in! You can see the mini eggs inside the brownies though.






I am sending these to Alphabakes, the blog challenge I co-host with Ros of The More Than Occasional Baker; the letter I have chosen this month is B.






I am also sending these to Simply Eggcellent, hosted by Dom at Belleau Kitchen, as his theme this month is chocolate.






The theme for Tea Time Treats, hosted by Karen at Lavender and Lovage and Jane at The Hedgecombers, is also chocolate.




0 comments:

Post a Comment