Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Movie Night: Chocolate Marshmallow Popcorn and a Beer Glass Review

Last April I bought my boyfriend a popcorn maker for his birthday and a recipe book, as he loves popcorn and I thought it would be fun to add some more interesting flavours – even though I knew I would be the one using the recipe book! That was right around the time we were preparing to move house so the popcorn maker ended up being packed – and then our house purchase was delayed, and stuff ended up in a storage unit. When we finally moved at the very end of August, the rest of the year was taken up with decorating and getting the house how we wanted it. So it was only very recently that the popcorn maker saw the light of day.




I’d bought a bag of ‘raw’ popcorn and was amazed at the tiny amount we needed to put into the popcorn maker to make a massive bowlful of popcorn. I know you can make popcorn in a saucepan but this machine was far more fun, and very quick. You do need a big bowl underneath to catch the popcorn as it comes shooting out!






I did have a look through the recipe book but as it was quite last-minute, I didn’t have a lot of the ingredients to hand and some of the recipes involved making the popcorn, covering it with toppings and then baking it in the oven, which I didn’t want to do as we wanted popcorn right away! So instead I threw together a couple of things and decided to share this in a post as it really did taste wonderful.












I simply made a chocolate sauce, by melting chocolate and butter and adding a little golden syrup, and stirring it through the popcorn along with some mini marshmallows. The chocolate cools quite quickly, so while you might get a little messy eating this, it’s not that bad. Popcorn is pretty healthy and you don’t need to add much chocolate or marshmallow to feel like you have a really indulgent snack.




The perfect accompaniment for your bowl of popcorn and a movie is a tall glass of your favourite tipple, whether it’s beer or a soft drink. I was recently sent a selection of products to review by Flamingo Gifts, a website that offers unique gifts for all occasions, ranging from funny novelty items to leading brands like Bombay Duck, Ted Baker, Orla Kierly and Sass and Belle. They also have a large range of Lolita glasses, which I’ve loved ever since I was given a martini glass for a birthday present several years ago. These glasses are beautifully decorated, all hand designed and painted in varying themes. They come in gift boxes and really do make wonderful gifts. Flamingo sent me this movie-night themed beer glass, which is large enough to hold a pint and the designs on the side make it feel very special – perfect for the man in your life to use on movie night. Just don’t forget the popcorn!



0 comments:

Post a Comment