Thursday, December 15, 2016

Branston Pickle Tex Mex Chicken Tacos

Back in the summer I had a lesson at the London Barbecue School with a group of other bloggers, courtesy of Branston Pickle, which you can read about here. We tried out a few recipes and this is one I decided to try at home.

These chicken tacos have added zing from Sweet Chilli Branston Pickle - I love sweet chilli chicken so even though the recipe on the Branston website said to use the regular small chunk pickle I decided this one would be nice.

I didn't bother making the salsa from tomato, kidney beans and avocado as neither my husband nor I would like it, but you can find the instructions on the recipe link above. For the chicken tacos themselves, to serve 2, you need:

2 chicken breasts, butterflied (sliced open)
1 tbsp. Sweet Chilli Branston pickle
1 tbsp. runny honey
1 tbsp. soy sauce
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp. lime juice
grated rind of 1 lime
50g grated Cheddar
4 corn taco shells

Mix the Branston, honey, soy sauce, oil, lime juice and zest in a large bowl and add the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.

 

Fry the marinated chicken for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked through. Put on a chopping board and slice into strips; use to fill taco shells, topped with grated cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment